- Checks 1/4″, XLR, RCA, 1/8″, TT and 3-Pin MIDI Cables
- Detects for Grounded Shields
- Intermittent Detect and Display Holds Reading Until Reset
- Cable Wiring Display Shows Type of Problem and for which Wire or Pin
- Checks Cables Installed in Walls!
- Test Tone Generator (1kHz (440Hz) tone at +4dBu, -10dBV or mic level)
- Phantom Power Detector Shows When DC Voltage Is Present on Pin 2 or 3
- Made in USA
The 6-in1 Cable Tester is six handy tools in one. It is not only a cable tester, but a handy LED display for wiring and intermittent detection, an installed cable tester, test tone generator, phantom power detector and ground shield detector.
Encased in cold roll steel, the 6-in1 Cable Tester is made to be road worthy and comes with a no hassle two-year warranty. Each function is clearly marked on the unit for ease of use and runs off 2 AA batteries (not included).
Anyone that deals with cables needs this handy device. Don’t be caught without one!
How to Use the 6-in-1 Cable Tester
1) CABLE TESTER:
Checks 6 types on connectors: XLR, 1/4″ (TS or TRS), RCA, 1/8″ (TS or TRS), TT and 3-Pin MIDI cables.
2) INTERMITTENT DETECT AND DISPLAY:
Displays intermittens information until you reset it! Clearly shows where the problem is and what type of defect it is.
3) WIRING DISPLAY:
Clearly shows how cable is wired and shows continuity, opens and shorts for each pin. Perfect for determining custom/adapter wiring – such as XLR to 1/4″. 1/8″ to stereo dual RCA, etc… Will also show if XLR Pin 1 (ground) is connected to XLR housing (grounded shield).
4) INSTALLED CABLE TESTING:
Great for diagnosing cables that are inside building walls.
5) TEST TONE GENERATOR:
Generates a 1kHz or 440Hz tone at +4dBu, -10dBV and mic levels.
6) PHANTOM POWER DETECT
Shows when DC voltage of 5V or more is present in Pin 2 (tip) and/or Pin 3 (ring).